Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Late night or early morning?

This isn't good. It's four in the morning and I still can't get to sleep. I'm currently running some good lounge music in the background with the evil alchemy of the internet radiostation, courtesy of the smoothjazz. Thinking about things like diybio, synthetic biology, artscience and upcoming nanowrimo competition, which I plan on participating this year. Only 96 days left to go. I'm thinking of telling bunch of my friends to register just to see if they can actually do it. Yes, even the ones that can't write artsy-creative stuff to save their lives.

The filter for the ac might have gone bad. My throat feels sore, but if I open the window the room will get hot again, meaning more sleepless agony for me. Listening to the music and looking outside the window at all the blinking buildings in the main city down the broadway, the whole scene reminds me of setup for many classic Japanese scifi-futurescapes, of the kind that can be seen in the games like the snatcher (if you haven't played it yet, don't call yourself a gamer) and its sequel policenauts, both my favorites.
 
 




Picked this picture of an apartment in Seattle from a blog of one of my favorite otakus on the web. How long will I have to live to be able to have a view like that outside my own apartment window? Hopefully this science gig will work out better than it is now... I've never been much of a home person. I prefer cool apartment in high places surrounded by pretty lights of the city over any house any day of the week. There's some quality about those architectures that's really appealing to me... The prices of the apartments in the city are dropping across the board. Maybe I should shop around for the time when I finally get my degree and become a more or less productive member of the society.

It's always interesting that the impression I get from such semi-futuristic landscapes tend to be nostalgia of some sort.

I'm nostalgic about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment